[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 10:58:57 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
> Maybe the other process's output is not in console codepage.
> Try
> Memo1.Lines.Append(<text or variable>)
> or
> Memo1.Lines.Append(SysToUTF8(<text or variable>)).

I am always astonished that we have come so far already!
Today programmers have to guess about coding of strings,
they cannot find out in documentation or by identifier name.
Only trial and error (the latter mostly when the program
is in production use) can be used. That's what I call C style
and is not what Niklaus Wirth had in mind.

IMO it must be possible to predict the encoding of strings
when writing the code (without running the program).