[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 15:28:30 CEST 2012

Marcos Douglas schrieb:
 > I use FPC and Lazarus for real applications (on Windows) and I'm
 > grateful for that; grateful for exists great developers working in the
 > compiler and IDE, just using their free time...

+1

 > I don't understand of compilers and Unicode is new to me. On Delphi
 > (<=7) we do not have such problems, you know.
 > My comments are constructive criticism... sorry if I talked about
 > "well known problems" but well known for who?

The problem is that the great advantage of Free Pascal and Lazarus of
beeing available on multiple platforms has turned into a curse for those
who work on one platform only. Suddenly they are confronted with things
they usualy don't need to care about. And if in this situation the
documentation is poor it becomes a real challenge to fight all these
nasty little things instead of coding the program logic.