[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Apr 16 09:19:55 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

>>> I just found out that active scripting is required for
>>> this web page (I use the FireFox NoScript plugin).
>>> Is there a reason for this?
>>
>> You are wrong. No scripting is needed for this page.
> Well, if I look at this page with FireFox with scripting disabled I see
> nothing (white page).
> If I allow scripting for "freepascal.org" I see directory structure
> (beginning with "trunk").
> So it seems to make a difference whether I have scripting enabled or not.

I suspect that the fact that the server returns XML, not HTML, confuses the
NoScript plugin.

If you look at the page source, you'll see there is absolutely no Javascript
present. Just XML. And it is not shown in my browser either although I do
not have the NoScript plugin.

>> It is simply not meant for viewing in a browser, it returns XML used by a
>> SVN client.
> Ok.
>

>> If you want to browse the repository, use the viewvc interface:
> Well, I don't "want" it. I am just following hints that Hans-Peter gave me.
> It seems to be an odyssey just for changing documentation.

The easy way is simply to report a bug in the bugtracker.

Then I'll look at it and either reply or correct the documentation.

Michael.