[Lazarus] TImage - Getting image properties in 'canvas space'

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:26:13 CEST 2012

Am 17.04.2012 03:17, schrieb Reimar Grabowski:
>> At the moment you have to descend your own TImage class to access it or write a
>> hack class (e.g. via a class helper).
> Class helpers are a new concept to me and IMHO quite a strange one. I can understand why you call this a hack but at least it works. Thanks.
> It looks like they aren't fully supported by the code tools with regard to code completion.

I personally don't consider them strange, but that might be, because I
implemented them in FPC ^^

Their main purpose should be considered to add functionality to
classes/records without inheriting from them (which might not always be
possible, because records can not inherit or you have e.g. the class
hierarchy of the LCL which you can't trivially change).

Regards,
Sven