[Lazarus] Embedding a standard dialogue

reinierolislagers at gmail.com reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:20:36 CEST 2012

Sorry, on cell, so formatting limited here too.

Sample login form for mssql and sybase, i.e. 2 dbs at
bug 21619... committed as sample program in trunk.
I think the sample form could easily extended to support more dbs... Actually want to do that some day and get it into lazarus...

Ludo brands came up with the original code at the forum... Sorry, cannot find link here.

Regards,
Reinier
On 18-04-12 09:42 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Apologies for my lousy threading here, a message got chopped by our
firewall.

 > > Is it possible to embed a standard dialogue in a custom form? For
 > > example, if I wanted to filter text input through a user-specified
 > > regular expression, can I set up a form containing a file-open
 > > dialog plus an edit box for the regex, or do I have to implement
 > > it from scratch?
 >
 > No, you must create your own dialog from scratch.
 >
 > Juha

OK, If I can lead on from this. The cause of bug 21792 that I raised
yesterday is, I'm told, that I'd set the main form visible but
minimised. The reason I'd done this is that before the form was
displayed I wanted the user to provide database login credentials, I
couldn't rely on a standard dialogue for that since I also needed to
have him select what kind of database- PostgreSQL or Firefox- as well as
the server and possibly port.

What is the correct thing to do in this sort of situation? I've seen a
description of a hack for Delphi which relied on creating the main form
manually, should something like that be attempted for Lazarus?

Or should I simply redo the app so that the login is the main form?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk