[Lazarus] Project widget set: is there still a default?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 18 12:24:21 CEST 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> hat am 18. April 2012 um
11:38 geschrieben:

> I've been away from trunk for a few weeks due to problems. I notice that
> the old "LCL Widget Type" on the Compiler Options -> Paths page has been
> replaced by a build mode entry which sets a macro, but the dropdown for
> this doesn't have a "default" entry to match the current IDE.

The default is chosen, when you set nothing, i.e. delete the LCLWidgetType macro
from the list.

> Has "default" been totally lost, and does this have any implications for
> the .lpi which I think used to have this as an option?

The "default" was only shown in the IDE. Internally it was always the empty
string. But an empty string was confusing in the comboxbox, so a "default" was
shown instead.

> I also note that the GTK entry is no longer marked deprecated, despite
> no longer being actively supported.

Yes.

The LCLWidgetType is now a normal package macro and you can provide a list of
values for such macros, but you can not add comments to values.

AFAIK the old notes (alpha, beta, deprecated) did not help much. To choose a
widgetset a developer need a list like
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap.

Mattias