[Lazarus] Bug 15390 and Showmodal

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Apr 18 16:39:59 CEST 2012

On 18/04/2012 15:27, zeljko wrote:

> > In LCL there is
>
> > Screen.DisableForms()
>

> +1 , that's why I implemented hiding of modal form as it is - it
> simply works on all platforms, and Delphi behaviour looks pretty
> unlogical to me (but even that can work - see my today patches
> attached at issue).

Well IMHO the problem is not to find a way to change it (though that
might be on some platforms...)

The problem is:
  There may be LCL apps out there relying on the current behaviour of Hide()

That raises the question: Is this issue important enough to risk
breaking them.

If this was 100% clearly a bug. Or 100% clearly a break of compatibility
to documented Delphi features, then maybe

But this is not a bug.
And Delphi docs, IMHO are not making a 100% clear statement about this.