[Lazarus] Bug 15390 and Showmodal

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Apr 18 20:56:21 CEST 2012

On 18/04/2012 19:05, patspiper wrote:

> Furthermore, Hide() does not trigger the OnCloseQuery and OnClose events.

Yes. But that are side effects.

The actual action on the widget / handle (the window as known by the
win-api or gtk) are the same: The form (window widget) is taken of the
screen

>> It does the same thing. (the 2 calls have different additional side
>> effects, but that is a different story)
> <joking mode on> Pulling off the computer's power plug is yet another
> way of closing a form with different side effects<joking mode off>
True.
But that one works for you: It does not return from the ShowModal call ;)

> Finally, the force (Delphi) is not on your side :D

I am on my Side....

Besides: I have no problem if some one (from the developers) wants to
make the call, and take responsibility for potentially breaking other apps.

I did want to:
- point out the risk
- point out that the documentation leaves room for interpretation.

I've done that. (actually the 2nd appears to be ongoing)