[Lazarus] TImage - Getting image properties in 'canvas space'

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Wed Apr 18 23:36:58 CEST 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:58:56 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> But often (depending on the compiler) the mere declaration
> of an empty derived class allows to access protected members of the base
> class.
What does depending on the compiler mean? The compiler is obviously FPC.
If it is really true that you can access protected members in that way (like Svens message suggests) I consider this a bug.
Like Mattias said, protected is of no real use in that case and we can just declare all non private members public.

R.