[Lazarus] Non-lcl-designer design question

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Apr 19 17:01:40 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 20:39 +0200, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 14:42 +0200, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 14:16 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > > Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> hat am 18. April 2012 um 13:45
> > > geschrieben:
> > > I will create a test example so we can check what is possible and what
> > > is needed.
> >
> > Perfect. I can send you what I have this evening, I don't have my
> > macbook with me right now.
>
> I would have sent it know, if I hadn't deleted it while removing some
> old files in between the real code... ;(
>
> I'll have to do over some things...

Ok, restored. See attachment.

It's just a modification of the designnonlcl example. I did not even
bother to rename it.

In principle: install the package, and create a new 'ios application'.
You can add components from the MyWidgetSet tab. Then there's some
trickery: you have to run 'Start my tool' from the tools menu while the
appdelegate_iphone designer is active. This is to create the .xib file.
Then you can build the application and run it in the iPhone simulator.

That's theory. Now the problems:

1: The package depends on the IDE package, so it is impossible to
install. Just remove the IDE dependency, install the package, and add
the IDE dependency again. This dependency is to be able to set the
'aftercompile' project-option. And to be able to obtain the
package-directory, because the .xib template is located there. (I'm sure
Mattias can help me with these issues)

2: All settings are for the 5.1 sdk on OS/X Lion with the latest Xcode.
Note that the location of Xcode has changed in this version. So maybe
the aftercompile.sh script has to be altered. And the 'other compiler
options'. We can make this more user-friendly later. (Revive the
iphonelazext and use that)

3: It seems that DoNewEditorfile does not save the file if it is really
opened in an editor. This means that the info.plist and appdelegateu.pas
files are not written to disk. Open the project-inspector, open these
files and save them to disk. Also something that Mattias can help with.
(It would also be nice to actually use Infp.plist, with a capital. And
is it possible to save appdelegate_iphone.pas quietly?)

4: The real issue: save the project, restart lazarus and open it again.
Now it won't work anymore...

5: There are a lot more, but I think these are the most important to get
you going...