[Lazarus] TImage - Getting image properties in 'canvas space'

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:18:23 CEST 2012

On 19 April 2012 14:06, Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de> wrote:
> First I don't care if the VCL is too restrictive or what Delphi in general does. This is not a Delphi list.
> Second if you think that some LCL classes are too restrictive you can always change them (as you have the source) and provide a patch. If your argument is reasonable the Lazarus developers will surely apply your patch.

Many years ago, I thought the same way as you do. Unfortunately it was
made clear to me that the LCL's goal is to be a Delphi VCL clone!
Delphi dictates what LCL is allowed to do - simple as that. Patches to
the contrary will not be accepted. Sad but true - hence I moved on to
greener pastures.

  - Graeme -