[Lazarus] Renaming an existing unit

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:11:33 CEST 2012

On 21 April 2012 13:54, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> "Save as" is a common function for creating a copy of something.
> That a dialog will appear that allows deletion of the original version
> is completely unexpected an unintuitve. Much better would be to offer
> a "Rename" directly.

If you haven't yet, you should read the book "About Face 3" [1]. It's
all about UI design, and the author of that book fully agrees with you
(and so do I). "Save as" is rather ambiguous, and should probably be
"Save as copy"  or "Save a copy" in all applications. But as you
suggested, "Rename" makes the intention crystal clear.   :)

[1]  About Face 3: The Essentials of Interaction Design
      http://www.amazon.com/About-Face-Essentials-Interaction-Design/dp/0470084111

  - Graeme -