[Lazarus] lazbuild --build-ide= --addpackage bla.lpk?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 23 15:13:35 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> hat am 23. April 2012 um 13:19
geschrieben:

> On 23-4-2012 12:49, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> hat am 23. April 2012
> > um 11:45 geschrieben:
> >> Perhaps this functionality could better be placed in lazbuild so others
> >> using e.g. batch files can use it as well, making possible something like
> >> lazbuild --build-ide= --addpackage <somepackage.lpk>
> >> or perhaps only
> >> lazbuild --addpackage <somepackage.lpk>
> >> (with or without --primary-config-path)
> >> to compile the package and add it to the package list.
>
> Thanks Mattias,
>
> Hope I'm not displaying too much ignorance here, but here goes:
>
> > 1. the syntax for long options is
> >
> > --paramname=<value>
> Got it.
>
> > 2. addpackage makes sense for projects too, so lazbuild without
> > --build-ide is ambiguous.
> Do you mean adding a package based on the project you're compiling with
> lazbuild?

Yes. You don't need to implement this now. Just keep this in mind that it might
eventually be added.

> > 3. Both should be possible:
> >
> > --addpackage=<pkgname>
> ... so this would just add an already compiled package to the list of
> packages to be installed, right?

No. If the package was not compiled lazbuild compiles it.
A package name is enough. The lpi only contains names too.

> > and
> >
> > --addpackage=<path/pkgname.lpk>
> ... which would compile the package, then add it to the list, yes?

No. lazbuild compiles packages as needed. Unless you add the -B and -r option.

Mattias