[Lazarus] Has there been a known bug in GTK2 where TabVisible property affects the visibility of the tabsheet?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:42:35 CEST 2012

On 25 April 2012 15:52, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:

> On 25/4/12 2:44, Frank Church wrote:
>

>> I am running a program developed for Win32 on Linux and I notice that
>> setting the TabVisible to false on a PageControl make the whole tabsheet
>> invisible.
>>
>> Is that a known bug with the GTK2 page control?
>>

> TabSheets have two properties (for Delphi compatibility), Visible and
> TabVisible. Visible controls the visibility of items within the client area
> of a TabSheet. TabVisible allows the display (or not) of the tabSheet as a
> whole.
>

> --

My experience of the TabVisible property in Delphi and Lazarus Win32 is
that TabVisible makes the tab label where you click visible, ie the
contents of the tab can be visible (using the Visible property) but the
caption for the tab can be hidden and that is what the TabVisible property
is there for. My experience also indicates the same.

snippet from Delphi 7 help

Description

Use TabVisible to temporarily remove a tab sheet from a page control. When
TabVisible is false, the tab does not appear in the page control and its
TabIndex property is -1. *Setting TabVisible to true allows the user to see
the tab of the tab sheet again.*

--
Frank Church