[Lazarus] RemoveDir: Error: Identifier not found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 25 18:58:46 CEST 2012

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:32:57 +0200
Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> patspiper schrieb:
> > On 25/04/12 19:17, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> >> If I hit Alt+Up on "RemoveDir" within my program I am moved to
> >> D:\Programme\lazarus\fpc\2.6.1\source\rtl\objpas\sysutils\diskh.inc(21,10)
> >>
> >> with the function header declaration but when doing this again
> >> on "RemoveDir" within this file to see the implementation I get:
> >>
> >> Error: identifier not found: RemoveDir
> >>
> >> Is this a bug or some kind of limitation?
> > Seems to be a bug depsite Alt+up being 'find declaration'
> >
> > Try ctrl+shift+down instead.
> >
> Yepp, this works!
> Thanks!
> Though I will have a hard time to train myself
> when to use Alt+Up and when Ctrl+Shift+Down.

Ctrl+Shift+Down jumps from method/procedure declaration to the the body
and back.
Find declaration searches the next declaration. For example if RenameDir
would be an "override" method it would take you to the method in the
ancestor.
You can also use Find declaration to find out if the declaration hides
another declaration.

Mattias