[Lazarus] Strip debug info

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Apr 29 12:09:27 CEST 2012

On 29/04/2012 09:56, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Richard Mace schrieb:
>>
>>     ... you can either not generated debug info at all or generate
>>     external debug info (.dbg)...
>>

>> Is there any reason why the -Xg flag is not on at default? What's the
>> disadvantage of using this flag? The reason I say is because there is
>> a "massive" reduction in .exe size?
>>
> Yes, that's what I wondered about too.

Probably it is simple less tested, and therefore it is unknown if in
works in all situations.

Also, I guess it is more error prone. Compile with external debug, then
make changes, recompile but with release settings. Then you have an
outdated debug info file, and if you happen to run that in the debugger,
you get a lot of strange things....