[Lazarus] Inconsistent results from MessageDlg()

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:24:42 CEST 2012

On 29/04/12 13:20, Bart wrote:
> On 4/29/12, patspiper<patspiper at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> This alternative implementation seems to be in line with Delphi XE's
>> result for MessageDlg('test', mtInformation, [mbOk, mbAbort], 0) when
>> Escape key is pressed: mrCancel
> Mind you, the first implementation is in line with Delphi XE on all
> platforms, the alternative only with Delphi XE on Vista and higher.
Does Lazarus need different results depending on the OS? Does the
developer have to worry about which Windows version is running and code
accordingly? On the other hand, porting code from Delphi will need
modifications anyway, and hence time could be spent on streamlining the
behaviour.

My suggestion was to have the Lazarus implementation the same as Delphi
XE's on Vista and higher, and hence your alternative implementation.

Stephano