[Lazarus] IDE invocation of lhelp, probable endianness issue

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 10:59:26 CEST 2012

On Linux running on either SPARC or PPC, trying to invoke
context-sensitive help (i.e. F1 key over a keyword) fails with a
dialogue e.g. "Unknown error showing
/forms/tapplication/initialize.html". There's no error addresses etc. on
the console, the exception doesn't break the IDE.

I don't see this on x86 or ARM (Linux, not testing Windows). Seeing it
on PPC but not ARM suggests that it's an endianness rather than
alignment issue. I'm not yet able to test on SPARC Solaris due to the
slowness of fpdoc on that combination.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk