[Lazarus] lcl.chm+lhelp: index contains GetPart, Searching fails

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:10:40 CEST 2012

Hi list,

If I open lcl.chm (Laz 1.0 version) in trunk lhelp, I can type getpart
in the index tab and find GetPart.
However, searching in the Search tab for getpart or GetPart doesn't
return any results.

Is this expected?

Some other things: on Windows (lhelp x86) I selected the line at the
bottom of the page:
The latest version of this page can be found at lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net
Right-click, select Copy.

Pasting did not give the selected text but the text that already was on
the clipboard.

Going through the lhelp code: the popup menu handler in lhelp does this:
fHtml.CopyToClipboard; //fHtml is a TIpHtmlPanel
... which seems to indicate the entire page content is going to be
copied (which it clearly isn't)

If I hover the mouse over the hyperlink in that line, the cursor changes
to a hand, suggesting clicking will open the hyperlink
1. with an external web browser or
2. inside lhelp
Instead, nothing happens. I did see some messages scroll by on lhelp
compilation indicating help for external sites could be enabled (and
apparently isn't by default) - if this is the problem, showing that hand
cursor when the option is disabled may be a bit misleading.
Looking through the lhelp code, it appears this hand cursor
functionality is provided by TIpHtmlPanel - couldn't see an obvious way
of disabling that...

Are these known bugs, should I report them - and how can I fix them?

Thanks,
Reinier