[Lazarus] Translations / Localizations for controls at design time

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Wed Aug 1 01:31:26 CEST 2012

01.08.2012 3:10, Mattias Gaertner пишет:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 03:07:55 +0400
> Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Maybe some designer and/or CodeTools helpers can be created to save some
>> typing when assigning resourcestrings to captions.
>
> Feel free to improve the "Make resourcestring" dialog.
> If wanted I can move it to a package, so it is easier to
> extend/rewrite it.

The only improvement I can think of is for the case when we have a form
with component captions defined in LFM and then want to make use of
resourcestrings. Then we will have to make the following steps.

1. Create the following assignment in e.g. FormCreate event:

    SomeComponent.Caption:='';

2. Copy component's caption to clipboard from OI.

3. Insert this caption to line from point 1.

Maybe this can be automated.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:ganmax at narod.ru