[Lazarus] Problems creating Lazarus installer + readme/batch patch

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:41:30 CEST 2012

On 1-8-2012 15:42, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> However, I now get this:
> Error on line 417 in
> C:\Development\lazarus\tools\install\win\lazarus.iss: Column 40:
> Type mismatch.
>
> The lines in question:
> var
>   FileName: string;
>   Content: string;
> begin
>   FileName := ExpandConstant(CurrentFileName);
>   LoadStringFromFile(FileName, Content); //<-- line 417; col 40 is the ;
>
> Those lines appear to have been there since r6092 (svn blame)... perhaps
> it's the fact I'm using Unicode Inno Setup or something I'm not seeing?
I think it's using Inno Setup Unicode.
from
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/
Other Information
Unicode Inno Setup
Unicode Pascal Scripting notes:
...LoadStringFromfile, SaveStringToFile,... are of type AnsiString now
instead of String.
It seems that replacing the relevant String variables with explicit
AnsiStrings might be a good idea which should work with ANSI Inno Setup.

And this "The Unicode compiler is more strict about correct ';'
usage"... explains the earlier error I got.

I'll try to fix the script, then run the installer, then install ANSI
InnoSetup, do the same, and if it works, submit a patch.