[Lazarus] Merging of PDF files

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 19:49:11 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Perhaps you could try to call pdftk using TProcess? It's open source and
> multi platform (at least Windows and Linux).

I thought pdftk was a thin wrapper around a library... "pdftk uses a
slightly modified iText Java library (http://itextpdf.sourceforge.net/)
to read and write PDF. The author compiled this Java library using GCJ
(http://gcc.gnu.org) so it could be linked with a front end written in
C++.  The pdftk home page is http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/."

There'd probably be a problem calling the backend library, if it uses
Java or C++ OO techniques, from FPC- I think somebody in the list
commented on this a few days ago. I wonder whether it would be possible
to modify the pdftk program to be a library with a single entry point,
callable as a Pascal function?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk