[Lazarus] Problems creating Lazarus installer + readme/batch patch

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:43:34 CEST 2012

On 2-8-2012 10:23, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 1-8-2012 23:21, Martin wrote:
>>>>

>>> Well. I threw out some unused code. And it comes down to 1 change in
>>> the pal script. (ignoring the fix of a missing semicolon)
>>
>> And I believe I solved the translations too.
>>
>> But I will only commit, once I have feedback on the Russian text
> Thanks for your work, Martin.
>
> After your commits, creating and running the setup using Unicode Inno
> Setup works well for me on Windows Vista x64 (English setup language).
> It did pick up my previous config (fpc compiler location etc) but that
> was expected and I could switch easily using the setup dialog that appeared.
>
> I could select the Russian translation as well, and indeed, Cyrillic
> text appeared, but I can't speak Russian, so can't tell if it's all correct.
Ran the Unicode Inno Setup... setup on Win98 (OSR2, IIRC), with KernelEx
installed, and expected results:
- initial language choice: (presumably) Russian appears as a series of
??? instead of Cyrrilic text
- continuing install with English or Dutch gives error messages like
"The program does not support the version of Windows your computer is
running"
So, it appears no support for Win95/98, probably Me using the unicode
version.

Thanks,
Reinier