[Lazarus] search and default

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Aug 2 18:26:48 CEST 2012

On 02/08/2012 17:20, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> I just found out that persistent blocks are fixed now
> so that they are no longer used as search default too!
> Who did this change?
> I want to thank him very much for it.
> Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!
>

> Now the last missing feature (compared to Turbo Pascal) is to
> be able to extend the default search string to the right with the
> cursor key.
> But that's only a goody on top, the main part is very handy now.

I don't even understand what that should mean (TP5 is too long ago, a
memory of an old pc, dos, and my childhood...)

For the example, how is the default search string determined? Word under
caret, selection (only none persistent, but then what if persistent),
something else?

At what time does it get extended? Before starting the search, or when
the search dialog is open?

Does not mean I have plans to do anything on it. I am just curious