[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:23:34 CEST 2012

On 8/2/12, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ehmm.. I'm trying to contain myself, but WHY does Lazarus 1 and 1+ even
> support Win9x/ME anymore?
>
> Speaking for myself, after submitting a patch, I really don't want to be
> told that Win9x/ME does things differently and that I should correct my
> patch to incorporate support.

As long as you do not statically link libraries that are unavailable
on 9x, it's hardly gonna be a problem.
Anyhow, this probably is more a fpc problem, since most of those are
in windows unit etc.

On Linux we have the same problem with GTK2.

> So have you or anybody else on ME tried the installer? Otherwise WinME
> should be removed from the list as well...

>> Current installer for 1.0RC1 indeed does not run on WinMe.

Well, maybe I should have written: I tested the installer for 1.0RC1
on WinMe and it does not run on WinMe.

Anyhow, as long as the fpc installer runs on win9x I'm happy.
And when we drop the win9x platform, I have a valid excuse to update
hardware (although it really is a sport maintaining it).

Bart