[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Aug 2 22:43:42 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 08:23:34PM +0200, Bart wrote:
> >> Current installer for 1.0RC1 indeed does not run on WinMe.
>
> Well, maybe I should have written: I tested the installer for 1.0RC1
> on WinMe and it does not run on WinMe.

As far as win9x, I've already decided that any win9x problems are no reason
to halt for a repack or fix of a release anymore.

I'd rather drop it all together, but currently the real problem is always
the retrospect

> Anyhow, as long as the fpc installer runs on win9x I'm happy.
> And when we drop the win9x platform, I have a valid excuse to update
> hardware (although it really is a sport maintaining it).

IMHO, if win9x support should be continued, the win32 target should be
splitted into a separate win9x and win32u target.

This has been said several times, but people keep fixing win9x. IMHO it
should either fork to its own target or simply stop.