[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:23:19 CEST 2012

On 3-8-2012 10:34, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Current installer for 1.0RC1 indeed does not run on WinMe.
>
> How ridiculous is it that the applications will probably run fine on
> older Windows versions, but the INSTALLER is the limiting factor and
> has different requirements / LIMITATION to the application it is
> installing. Talk about f**ken stupid. Solution: use a different
> installer that doesn't pose such FALSE requirements.

The inno setup guys nicely described this in their changelog AS I
MENTIONED IN MY POST. What else can they do when they want to support
new OS features that aren't supported in this obsolete OS?

Solution: use an earlier (than 5.5.0) Inno setup. Hint: one could do the
same with Lazarus: just use 1.0 forever to support your applications.

I'm sorry but starting a rant on an installer not supporting Win98 in a
thread stating that installer's newest version does not support Win98
is... just weird.

Regards,
Reinier