[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:05:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 3 August 2012 10:29, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep. Presumably changing over to (some less resource intensive version -
> i.e. older or non-mainstream - of) Linux would be possible

This is exactly what we are trying at the moment. Thus this means they
only need to upgrade the OS, and not the hardware too. In the end
saving on costs: Linux is free, more modern OS, and no hardware
upgrades required. Hence the reason we started fpGUI - to give them
exactly the same look & feel between Windows and Linux. Thus reducing
some of the retraining costs.

Our clients think of it quit simply as... for every PC not running
(eg: during an upgrade), they are loosing money. The the move to Linux
is slow, so we still have a lot of Win98 PC's to support.

> (Only slightly exaggerating: and if you're stuck with Telkom phone
> lines/ADSL or something even worse, I sympathise with people who want to
> download Linux CDs).

That's why Mac products are so not meant for Africa! Apple expects
people to download 1Gig OS updates (all updates now only being
digital). They should visit Africa to see what a stupid idea that is.

  - Graeme -