[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Fri Aug 3 14:38:42 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Bernd Mueller <mueller.b at gmx.net> hat am 3. August 2012 um 11:52 geschrieben:>
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>> RC1 compiles on Win98. When I start lazarus.exe the "Configure Lazarus
>> IDE" dialog complaints about an invalid version in ide\version.inc. See
>> attached screen shot. I attached version.inc too. The file looks valid
>> to me.
>
> The setup dialog complains about "invalid version in" error if the file does not
> start with a single quote. See ide/initialsetupdlg.pas line 250.
> The attached file does. Can you check if it starts with an UTF8 BOM on your
> disk?

since compiling Lazarus takes nearly 8 minutes on my machine, I ripped
off the affected lines and compiled them with fpc 2.6.0 directly.

program test;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses SysUtils, Classes, Lazutf8Classes;

var
    sl: TStringListUTF8;
    // sl: TStringList;

begin
    sl:=TStringListUTF8.Create;
    // sl:= TStringList.Create;
    sl.LoadFromFile('version.inc'); // BOM marked

    if sl.Count = 0 then begin
       // Terminates here, when TStringListUTF8 is used.
       Writeln('sl.Count=0');
       exit;
    end;

    if sl[0] = '' then begin
       Writeln('sl[0]=');
       exit;
    end;

    if sl[0][1]<>'''' then begin
       // Terminates here, when TStringList is used.
       // ok, since first character is #$EF
       Writeln('sl[0][1]<>');
       exit;
    end;

    Writeln(sl.strings[0]);
end.

The problem seems to be, that LoadFromFile does not load the stringlist.
sl.Count is zero in my case. If I use TStringList, the result is as
expected.

Regards, Bernd.