[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:05:46 CEST 2012

On 1 August 2012 22:35, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.

Details:
I running OpenSUSE 12.1 64-bit. I download rc1 from the src tarball
(tar.gz). After I did a 'make clean all' it did a successful build. I
ran lazarus as follows...

  $ lazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus-rc1

so that it doesn't mess with my normal config files. At first startup
it prompted me for the FPC src path (glad to see the clicking on empty
combobox which crashes the IDE is fixed). Anyway, I select my FPC src
path, and it opened with a empty default project. I clicked on the
'interface' keyboard in the source window and pressed F1. I got an
error - see attached file.

I double checked, I do have the CHM files in the <laz>/docs/chm/
directory, so why did the F1 for help fail?

I restarted lazarus, and tried again, the same error. I placed the
edit cursor over the 'Classes' unit and pressed F1. The online HTML
help appeared in my browser. Why? I have the CHM files in the correct
location, why isn't it using LHelp and display my offline help. I
thought offline help (CHM) now works out of the box?

  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net