[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:18:24 CEST 2012

On 03.08.2012 16:57, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 04:35:46PM +0200, Sven Barth wrote:
>>> I'm not waiting or repacking on win9x issues popping up during release
>>> process anymore.  If it is going to be a viable target, people must work and
>>> test with it also between releases and with trunk.
>>>
>>> Same goes for Dos and OS/2 btw.
>>
>> Somehow I have the feeling that we (FPC) have more testers for DOS and
>> OS/2 than for 9x ;)
>
> They are mostly the same: Pierre and Tomas.
>
> They all share the same trouble of very little activity between releases.
>
> The main difference though is that they concern different targets, and do
> not share a Tier 1 target like win9x

Nevertheless we have (official) testers for those two targets. They take
care for them and even add new features (remember Tomas adding support
for TProcess to OS/2 some months ago?). That's currently more love than
Win9x gets...

Also FreeDOS (on which FPC can run) is an actively developed/distributed
platform like is ECOMStation. This is again unlike Win9x.

So in my opinion DOS and OS/2 should not be put into the same bin as Win9x.

Regards,
Sven