[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:19:07 CEST 2012

On 3 August 2012 23:18, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Can you give me the place where it says help is working "out of the
> box"?

Messages from 10th July 2012...

I have no idea if Reinier is a core lazarus developer - I assumed we
was. Anyway, he mentioned lhelp/chm as the default help. You did not
deny or correct him in your reply, and then later you stated that
lhelp+chm will be included in the next release.  I put two and two
together ("default help is lhelp/chm" + "available in next release")
and figured that means CHM should work out of the box in the next
release. Maybe I shouldn't assume so much.

Anyway, I now know 'make bigide' includes building LHelp and the
CHMHelp package, but I really don't see why 'make all' doesn't. The
v1.0 release (binary or source form) includes the CHM files, so why
not use them.