[Lazarus] Please remove Arabic language from the release version

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:25:53 CEST 2012

2012/8/3 Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru>:
> 04.08.2012 2:57, silvioprog пишет:
>>
>> Here in Brazil all programmers (yes, ALL) use Delphi in english.
>>
>> I think very strange the IDE capture the current language of operating
>> system (portuguese) and uses it as default. x(
>
> There is Brazilian Portuguese translation, which is well maintained and
> complete. Why do you use Portuguese one in Brazil? It is outdated copy of
> Brazilian Portuguese one anyway.

I use Lazarus IDE and several softwares produced on USA in
default/native language - english. ;)

>> This has hindered my support for Lazarus, because the users can't
>> found the options (because all menus come in portuguese language). :(
>
> Portuguese users can't read Portuguese, so they are even completely unable
> to find language switch? Interesting. :)

Nope.

Brazilians know how to read Brazilian Portuguese well, but we, in
everyday life, usually we use for example the word "Watches" instead
of "Observadores", because the majority of the programmers learned
Pascal in an IDE in English - aka Delphi.

> On a serious note:
>
> You can use --language=en option to start with English interface. This
> choice will be remembered, so this is needed only once.

Nice.

> Maybe installer can be improved to ask preferred language.

I think that's a great solution for all problems with
internationalization, and currently several programs use this
approach.

--
Silvio Clécio