[Lazarus] Please remove Arabic language from the release version

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 08:18:10 CEST 2012

On 4-8-2012 0:22, silvioprog wrote:
> 2012/8/3 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> [...]
>> There is no question that wrong translations must be fixed or removed
>> so that the default (English) is shown.
>
> +1
>
> IMHO, the IDE could come completely in English as default. Who needs
> of translated IDE, can choose the language manually via tools |
> options.
>
> Well, I think that have more important things to implement in the IDE
> instead worrying with translations. :/
Agreed with those statements: the first thing I do on a new Lazarus
install is switch the language from Dutch to English.
English would seem - at least to Silvio & me ;) - to be a better default
than local languages.
I'd think this argument applies more strongly to development IDEs that
use English-based programming languages and constructs already as
opposed to end user programs.

On the other hand, I can well imagine people in other countries, such as
Germany or France, where using one's one language instead of English is
much more accepted, feel differently.

I'm not really bothered either way (English default or not), personally
don't care about translations, but if people do want to make the effort
(i.e. it makes sense to them): fine by me.

Thanks,
Reinier