[Lazarus] Please remove Arabic language from the release version

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Aug 4 18:47:00 CEST 2012

Am 2012-08-04 15:03, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> But many older programmers will use dutch. Not all users will be hardcore IT people, quite some are teachers and I know even realtors doing mortgage calculations on it. And pupils of the teachers.

I doubt that someone who has never used Free Pascal/Lazarus (or Delphi) before would have a steeper learning curve when beginning with the english version. And it would be a benefit for the whole life. I once startet with AutoCad in a german version and was quite familiar with it. Some year later I again hat to use AutoCad again but it was in english! All commands I remembered were suddenly useless. I had to guess by translating and hoping I got it right. The same happened to me with Excel commands which are translated to german in the german version. One day I had to use an english MS office at work and I had to relearn all commands. What a mess.

If everybody in the world would start with an english version then such problems would not occur. It would only have benefits. And those few that started with another language long ago should invest the time in learning the english version. It would pay back.