[Lazarus] (no subject)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 23:43:29 CEST 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

>> FPC and Lazarus are not the right platforms for propagating political
>> opinions. Let's simply remove the Blowfish package, and everything is
>> fine.
>
> I think it's a decision for the core developers, who need to ensure-
> above all else- that they are not exposed to legal action in their home
> countries by what the project puts on a server somewhere.

No problem here, when the material is not otherwise illegal. The only
consequence affects the distribution of the uploads, what can mean:
- it can be removed entirely from the server,
- download can be blocked for certain countries[1]
- the server provider is sued for not taking such action,
- the server may be blacklisted

[1] AFAIR we already had this problem, where a guy from Cuba complained
some time ago that he was not allowed to download FPC/Lazarus, because
his country is one of the blocked states.

DoDi