[Lazarus] LCL not accessible for blind users

Luciano de Souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:43:41 CEST 2012

Yes, the title of my message is not correct and not fair. I have really
mentioned a problem restricted to Windows system.
If I understand if the developer wants to provide accessibility to his
or her application, he or she can handle special routines to do it. What
is currently not possible is  to have accessible native controls. Is
this true?
It's a good news to know that the accessiblity in LCL is possible also
to Windows. If there is no way to provide accessiblity, we would be
undoubtedly worse. but in spite of the fact that accessiblity is perhaps
possible in Windows, since it isn't native, only a few developers,
interested in accessibility issues, will use these routines. The tru
accessibility will exist when the native TLabel, TButton and the other
LCL controls provide native accessibility.
So I ask: is there a schedule? Can blind Windows and Linux users have
hopeness these features will be available in a short time?