[Lazarus] Block indent config

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 18:03:26 CEST 2012

Am 2012-08-07 17:52, schrieb Martin:
> On 07/08/2012 16:49, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>>
>>> actually, include to the right the drop down "Block indent (tabs)" must be 0 (zero)
>>
>> Yes, that was the root cause.
>> But I would consider this a bug.
>> If I have not checked the "Tab indents blocks" field
>> why do these settings influence the behaviour of Ctrl+I/U?
>
> The 2 drop downs configure the indent that is triggered by the function.
> The check box configures if [tab] should trigger the function (or if only ctrl-i)
> Indenting with tab, or ctrl-i can indent the selection using spaces or using tab-characters

That's extremly confusing.
If "Tab indents blocks" is unchecked I do not expect the 2 following settings having any effect.
At least a hint is needed that says that these settings still apply for Ctrl+I/U.

And why do these setting change after each install?
I am changing it often but it keeps coming back.
And the settings are not easy to find because
1.) the split into spaces and tabs shows no expected number 2 (instead it is 1 space + 1 tab)
2.) I don't pay much attention because I expect these settings to have no meaning anyway when "Tab indents blocks" is unchecked