[Lazarus] Web Service Toolkit issue

Ian Godman ian at gravytrain.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 13:19:32 CEST 2012

I am using the Web Service Tool kit and have problems with "Hello World".

By tracing in debug mode I have found the following:

    SOAP Envelope is being received - saved the by adding the line:
    rsps.SaveToFile('ians.saved');
    at line 239 of soap_formater.pas.

    This gives:

    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soap:Body>
        <ns1:helloResponse xmlns:ns1="http://example.org/">
          <ns1:return>Hello fred_test</ns1:return>
        </ns1:helloResponse>
      </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    In base_soap_formater around line 1550 it is looking for the
    "helloResponce" in the scope "http://example.org/" so it should find
    that scope is "ns1" but it does not find  it.

    At line 1552 nmspcSH = the empty string.

    At line 1574 strNodeName = 'helloResponse'  and findNode return nil
    so we have no result !

I am using version 0.5 of the WST which is the newest I can find though
from 2007!

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue much appreciated, its beyond me at
the monument and time is short. Any alternative would that allows me to
avoid C even more appreciated! (I left hell a few years back and am
reluctant to return).

Many thanks.