[Lazarus] Project | New project...

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:42:26 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-08 23:54, Howard Page-Clark wrote:
> The 'Create a new project' dialog currently offers 7 project options
> of which the first (selected by default) is called Application.
>
> I suggest this be renamed 'GUI Application', because this would be
> more informative for complete beginners, and is also consonant with
> the third option which has the informative name 'Console application'.
I fully agree with that, the naming used currently is arbitrary and not
clear.

Additionally, the (new?) option for making an 'instantfpc' program
should be hidden if instantfpc isn't installed (or have Lazarus bundle
instantfpc too) because currently the experience is: New project ->
instantfpc program -> Ok -> Run -> Error about missing instantfpc.

Or at least instead of an error show some information about obtaining
instantfpc.

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos