[Lazarus] RE : RE : [Ubuntu 12.04 x64] Can't build Lazarus

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Aug 9 08:38:00 CEST 2012

> That is not 100% true. I use 64-bit Linux (OpenSUSE 12.01),
> and I've tested and build RC1 multiple times. The only
> failure I had was due to an outdated FPC 2.6.1

The problem is with Lazarus and fpc 2.6.0 installed from the release deb's.
Lazarus is installed in non-user land and when re-building lazarus, new .o
and .ppu files are stored in the users ~/.lazarus dir branch. Problem is
that when compiling lazarus.pp it is looking in a different ~/.lazarus
subdir then when building packages and ends up with loading an older unit
from the original distribution.
Don't know if the same happens when installing from rpm.

Ludo