[Lazarus] debugger fails on freebsd x86_64

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 12 01:51:31 CEST 2012

On 11/08/2012 22:55, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 09.08.2012, 17:35 -0500 schrieb Alonso Cárdenas
> Márquez:
>> Please, could you install devel/gdb from ports? It could work with
>> newest version of gdb (7.4.1)
>>
>> Don't forget change gdb path to /usr/local/bin/gdb on lazarus
>> Environment/Options
> That did the trick, I actually can run programs again, thanks.
>
> Purists may say it is at least some sort of irritating having to install
> another debugger - which never has been so since I use fpc and lazarus
> -, but I understand that this might be the version responsible
> developers used because it was just there on their systems.
>
> Will the systems GDB in FreeBSD 9.0 be supported later or is the minimal
> version of gdb a fact that shoulf be mentioned in some README or the
> wiki or so?

I don't know what exactly is going wrong on the Freebsd gdb. And I
havent used FreeBSD in a long time...

Where did he 6.1 debugger come from? Lazarus does not include GDB except
on windows (afaik).

I am surprised that Freebsd 9 should by default have such an old GDB.

Also, there must be something different about that GDB, since on Windows
GDB 5.2 does work....