[Lazarus] TStringGrid Orientation

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Aug 12 14:43:20 CEST 2012

Am 2012-08-11 16:40, schrieb Jürgen Hestermann:
> I am struggling with a 90 degree text output in a TStringGrid cell.
> So far I have got it working with the following OnPrepareCanvas event procedure:
> but there is lots of (unnecessary) white space before and after the text as shown in
> http://image-upload.de/image/es9ThD/cf9fc08cfd.png
> Any ideas how to avoid this?

It seems nobody has an idea how it can be done.
I already fought quite a lot with grids before but
got it reasonable working when doing fundamental
things only. It seems that grids in Lazarus are very
rudimentarily implemented. There are quite a lot of
things missing to make them usable (i.e. AutoSizeRow()).
Too bad.

Do any alternatives exist?
Or do I have to do it all from cratch myself?