[Lazarus] Lazreport compilation problems with FPC trunk

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 18:12:01 CEST 2012

On 12-8-2012 12:57, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I reported problems compiling Lazreport with FPC trunk in bug 22527
>
> I'm trying to look for the cause, but the output doesn't show much:
> Compiling lr_progr.pas
> C:\development\lazarus_fpctrunk\components\lazreport\source\lr_progr.pas(1,1)
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>
> And a lot of "Warning: Implicit string type conversion from "AnsiString"
> to "WideString" in between.
>
> How can I dig deeper to try and find out what's causing this? I've
> looked at the compiler options for the package, Messages, but all
> messages seem to be enabled...

Figured out I overlooked the Compiler Options/Verbosity settings for
some reason.
Setting verbosity to -va and keeping the package options "generate debug
info" (-g) and line numbers (-gl) gives:
... a lot of output...
lr_class.pas(11454,3) Note: Local variable "wValue" not used
lr_class.pas(21,52) Hint: Unit "LMessages" not used in LR_Class
Searching file lr_dbset.pas... found
Searching file lr_utils.pas... found
Searching file lr_dbrel.pas... found
Searching file lr_view.pas... found
Searching file lr_barc.pas... found
Fatal: Compilation aborted
An unhandled exception occurred at $00403FF9:
EStackOverflow: Stack overflow
  $00403FF9 line 410 of ../inc/sstrings.inc
  $005858F2 line 372 of dbgstabs.pas
  $0058852D line 1077 of dbgstabs.pas
  $00442D7B line 595 of dbgbase.pas
  $005307EA line 1095 of pmodules.pas
  $004335DA line 395 of parser.pas
  $00528318 line 1671 of fppu.pas
  $0052F35B line 483 of pmodules.pas
  $0052F521 line 545 of pmodules.pas
  $004335DA line 395 of parser.pas
  $00528318 line 1671 of fppu.pas
  $0052F35B line 483 of pmodules.pas
  $0052FF09 line 862 of pmodules.pas
  $004335DA line 395 of parser.pas
  $00528318 line 1671 of fppu.pas
  $0052F35B line 483 of pmodules.pas
  $0052F521 line 545 of pmodules.pas

Error: C:\development\fpctrunk\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe returned an
error exitcode

Hmmm? dbgstabs.pas suggests something to do with generating debug info
perhaps?

-va and no -g -gl does let Lazarus compile the package.

Perhaps the problem lies with the compiler instead of Lazreport?

Thanks,
Reinier