[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:45:55 CEST 2012

On 14 August 2012 17:49, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> Well, the only 'elegant' solution I can think of is to avoid Ctrl+Alt combos
> at all. There will always be unavoidable conficts with other software which
> uses system wide hotkeys but at least the OS shortcuts should be respected.

In that case Ctrl should be avoided too, because Ctrl is often used in
KDE & Gnome shortcuts.... See how rediculous this is becoming! As
Mattias said, there is NO easy solution. Lazarus DOES allow you to
redefine shortcuts, so does your OS. So YOU decided what is more
important to you - the OS shortcut or the Lazarus one, then simply
undefine the others.

Lazarus developers under KDE & Gnome have been doing this for years.
The Ctrl+F<n> keys are often used to change virtual desktops, so we
simply disable those in KDE & Gnome, because the Lazarus IDE ones are
more important to us. Don't be lazy.

  - Graeme -