[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Aug 14 21:47:28 CEST 2012

On 14/08/2012 20:10, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 14-8-2012 20:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> Lazarus developers under KDE & Gnome have been doing this for years.
>>> The Ctrl+F<n> keys are often used to change virtual desktops, so we
>>> simply disable those in KDE & Gnome, because the Lazarus IDE ones are
>>> more important to us. Don't be lazy.
>> I agree with Graeme. Lazarus offers you the option, please use it.
>>
>> It's simply not possible to find a set of shortcuts that is guaranteed
>> to work on all systems. I think that internal consistency of lazarus is
>> more important.
>>
>> Michael.
> SCNR...
> Perhaps some tool called, say lazset*), could be created and used to
> set/change key shortcuts, e.g.:

LazSet should only be for very selected, special options (like path to
fpc). Otherwise it will need too much maintenance, and soon be unusable....

Besides: Like for other settings (color) an import/export facility
(Patches welcome) could be written.
The exported layout can (if implemented) be copied into userschemes, and
can hen be selected (or if need is, lazset (if implemented) can preset it.