[Lazarus] language setup / http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22574

Avishai avishai.gore at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:29:03 CEST 2012

I haven't seen what you are working on so I'm not sure if what I say
is relevant.  Often I am logged into my Hebrew account and sometime my
English account.  When I first tried to install Lazarus, I was in
Hebrew, so Lazarus started in Hebrew.  I had too much trouble trying
to figure out the menus and had to uninstall it, switch to English
login, and reinstall it.  Lazarus is not alone in this practice of
"automatic" install.  In my opinion, "automatic" is a very bad choice.

To make matters worse, there is no such thing as a consistent
Translation.  MS Word's Hebrew menu is not the same as OpenOffice
menu, even for the basic operations, even though their English menus
are almost the same.  Trying to figure out what is what is a pain I
don't need.  In a lot of software, I work in English even in my Hebrew
login.  I've talked about this with other Israelis and a couple of
Russians and they work the same way, for the same reasons.

As I said, I haven't seen what you are working on so none of this may
be relevant, and it's only my opinion anyway.

@Zaher.  It is good to see you posting again.  Be safe.