[Lazarus] Merge setup dialog and options dialog?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 19 17:23:31 CEST 2012

On 19/08/2012 16:12, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Because it hasn't been implemented
> Then we can stop the entire discussion right now as it's all about
> changes that haven't been implemented.
Yes,

Its discuss first, then implement  (If someone volunteers)

Better, than someone writing a lot of code, just to hear, it wont be used...

Of course about the will or wont be used: I am voicing my opinion. If
other members of the development team have other opinions, they may
accept patches, that do not have my liking. That would be perfectly normal.

>> The easiest way to implement it (without duplicating everything) is to
>> filter out certain options (visible := false), and, or hide some pages
>> completly.
> Yes, or disable (gray out) those controls so they won't be editable but
> will be visible.
No they should be invisible. Or they are misleading

>> I am not sure, if re-grouping options into new pages, will be a good idea.
>> - hard to implement, unless by copy and paste
> Could be.
> Surely maintenance of basic+advanced must be easier than maintaining
> setup+options?

Currently from a maintenance view, there is no issue. It's easy

Normal/ advanced can be based on the same code, that is used to search
for keywords. All items, just need a tag, if they are advanced.

So it may be very easy to do. With almost no extra code