[Lazarus] GTK2: Drag files to other applications (to the file manager, Thunar, Nautilus, etc)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 13:41:20 CEST 2012

Bernd schrieb:

> I'm curious: what makes you believe that such popular and mature
> toolkits like GTK2 (or Qt4) would not be able to use the correct
> underlying platform protocols when implementing such elementary things
> as copy/paste/drag/drop?

They *have* to use the platform protocols, so why should dragging files
or other objects run through an widgetset instead of using the API directly?

Didn't you complain about the complex structure of even simple controls
in gtk2? Using the platform API doesn't require any widgetset specific
code, no need for adapations to new widgetsets.

DoDi