[Lazarus] GTK2: Drag files to other applications (to the file manager, Thunar, Nautilus, etc)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:59:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 22 August 2012 01:08, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Sending other objects is different, because it's bound to platform
> capabilities and cannot be covered by a simple API.

Exactly my point. I didn't implement some half-assed DND in fpGUI.
Current LCL's DND support is totally useless. When I think DND, I
think any type of data, dragging inside my application as well as
outside my application (send and receive). Not to mention the fact
that XDND requires window handles to function etc, which a non-GUI
drag component wouldn't have.

  - Graeme -